Winter Training Ride Schedule

Home Forums Club Runs/Training Rides Winter Training Ride Schedule

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mtbtomo 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

mtbtomo
    Keymaster

All,

Please see below proposed winter ride schedule.  The rides will be fairly informal and always inclusive – as usual – but primarily aimed at those looking build some winter base/endurance for racing next road/TT season.  Read the descriptions as to whether you think a ride will be suitable, or post on here if you have any queries.  There have been a few new members join recently with an interest in road riding, so it would be good to see you out, along with any existing members who may have felt the summer “fire” rides would be too fast paced.  Start location/times tbc, but usually either the Crown or Beehive at 8.30 or 9.  Watch the forum for updates.

If your name is not on here but you fancy leading a ride of any pace/duration then please contribute (post on here).  Similarly if you don’t want to “lead” a ride but just fancy some company on a ride out, then as always still post and it lets people know who is out and when.

winter Ride Schedule

mtbtomo
    Keymaster

Just to confirm this Sunday’s ride:

Meet at the Beehive @ 9am, will probably do the fire ride (short version) route at an endurance kind of pace (15-17 mph).

At that sort of pace, it will be probably be around 2 hours back into Rivington.  Café stop if people want or not.

mtbtomo
    Keymaster

So, the ride for Sunday 29th will now be Saturday 28th, meet 8.30 at the Crown.  Roughly 1.5 hours back to Horwich.  Will head over to Belmont, Tockholes and loop back somehow.  15 – 17 mph

Andy Porter
    Andy Porter
    Keymaster

Sunday 5th November Ride, aiming for 3-4hours, I need to back around midday, so aiming to leave The Crown, Horwich, at 8:15am. Dependant on riders ability but hoping to do a hilly, rolling route in East Lancashire, if not, may do a ride that takes in the roads used by the Ironman course, hilly, then flat and rolling back to Bolton. Let me know who is up for riding. Cheers, Andy

jayanpatel
    Participant

hi andy where is the crown in horwich I would like to come so keep me posted

thanks

jayan

Andy Porter
    Andy Porter
    Keymaster

Hi Jayan, The Crown pub is on the corner of Chorley Old Road and Lee Lane in Horwich, its just down from the Green Machine bike shop as if your going down to Rivington. Hope you can make it, thanks

Andy

Andy Porter
    Andy Porter
    Keymaster

Ride, Sunday 12th November, 9am from The Crown, Horwich. I cant make it due to family commitments, but Martin and others have kindly offered to take out, I understand it will be 2-3 hours at a social pace. Have a good one, Andy.

jayanpatel
    Participant

am intrested but do not know where the crown is so please advice how I can met up with the lads

jayanpatel
    Participant

thank I will try to make it tomorrow

Andy Porter
    Andy Porter
    Keymaster

Hi Jayan, The Crown pub is on the corner of Chorley Old Road and Lee Lane in Horwich, its just down from the Green Machine bike shop as if your going down to Rivington. Hope you can make it, thanks

Andy

mtbtomo
    Keymaster

Sunday 26th November…..

Meet at the Crown pub 8.30am, for 3-4 hours hilly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.