Saturday 22nd – Race prep 'fire' ride

Home Forums Club Runs/Training Rides Saturday 22nd – Race prep 'fire' ride

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Andy Porter Andy Porter 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tim W

The first of the new season Race Prep rides. These are fast and hilly rides designed to hurt! You will feel the lactate burn!

33 miles, fast, but not racing, until we hit the final climb up Limbrick where its race on!

Meet 8.30 at the Beehive pub.

See you there, Tim.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Tim W.

mtbtomo
    Keymaster

I’m racing this weekend Tim, but it sounds like the kind of ride anyone racing this summer should be attending!  Yes, you guys know who you are 😉

What sort of speed/time for the 33miles?  And any figures for the elevation.  If this is intended to be a hard effort throughout, will you be waiting for anyone who gets a puncture, or do they have to chase back on? 😉

Tim W

It’s approximately 3000ft of climbing, with a mix of short steep climbs and longer, ‘draggier’ climbs. We’ll aim for 17-19mph.

We’ll wait for any mechanicals/punctures. Anyone struggling with the pace will be fine to sit on the back rather than doing turns on the front. However, for the last 10 miles as we head back to Horwich I think it’s fair to say we won’t wait for anyone dropping off the back, but we can all meet up again at the bowling green cafe for the post ride coffees and analysis.

craig sefton
    craig sefton
    Keymaster

Cheers Tim, good ride that.

I’ll try to get to as many as I can, although I could struggle if im racing at weekend.

bods
    Participant

Seems as though a few can’t make next Sat but should be regular after that hopefully!

Good day out though, a consecutive few of these will pay dividends

MissCookie

Anything planned for those who might be left behind??

craig sefton
    craig sefton
    Keymaster

I cant make tomorrow and Tims away.

please post on here if your interested though

Martin H
    Martin H

Ben and I both racing this week, should be okay for next week

Andy Porter
    Andy Porter
    Keymaster

I’m happy to lead ride on Sunday, 30th, meet at same time (8:45am), same place (Beehive) and same route with same intentions……I cant make tomorrow Saturday (29th).

let me know if you can make it.

i think it was ~17-20mph last week, over 1000m climbing and around  40miles.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.